If you are looking for natural back pain treatment options, then you have several options that can work for your pain that don’t involve invasive methods. However, if your pain is severe or is nerve related, then you will likely need to see a neurologist or neurosurgeon in order to best determine what your treatment options should be in order to solve the problem rather than just alleviate the pain.
However, there are many initial natural treatments that you can try for your back pain. Listed here are the top natural ways to work with your back pain before you need back pain surgery:
- Move around! A sedentary lifestyle is a major cause for back pain and needs to be addressed right away. If you are living a sedentary lifestyle, then treating your back pain will help with other health conditions as well such as obesity and insomnia. If you are sitting for long periods of time then you are opening up for health problems such as back pain, joint pain and obesity. If you start moving around more and make the time to walk more throughout your work day, then you will naturally alleviate some of your back pain by movement.
- Lose the stress. When you live a stressful lifestyle, then you are opening the door for tight muscles and pain in your joints. If you are experiencing a lot of stress, then you may carry that stress in your back or lower back, which can aggravate a herniated disc or cause more pain in general .There are many ways to alleviate stress in your life. First, you will want to ensure that you sleep enough, drink enough water and workout. Second, you can start doing yoga or meditation, which are both great ways to relieve stress. Third, you will want to be sure to start to eliminate stressful things or people from your life. This will greatly improve your quality of life.
- Get enough Vitamin D. Vitamin D will help with your back pain as it will keep your bones and spine strong. You can get vitamin D from the sunlight or you can also get it from taking supplements if you live somewhere that doesn’t get a lot of sunlight.
- Try the right types of exercises. There are many different types of exercises that you can utilize for your back pain. You will want to ensure that you utilize the right types of exercises for your particular condition. You can try a number of exercises in order to treat your back pain and you will want to consult with your doctor, neurosurgeon or naturopathic doctor in order to ensure that you are properly treating your pain.
- Massage. Another very effective method for treating back pain naturally is massage. Of course, you will want to consult with both your doctor and the masseuse in order to make sure that you are healing the pain rather than causing more harm.
If you need to work with a neurosurgeon to treat your back pain, then you should contact the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates.