Your wedding day will be one of the most memorable events in your life and the task of making it memorable for you and the people in your wedding will be in your hands. When it comes to the things you will be spending on for your wedding, everyone would agree that the food is a very important part. The food that the wedding caterers serve at your wedding will anchor the event and coming together with all your loved ones with great food would make for a great time. Planning the reception of your wedding can be quite a challenge so here tips for you to follow in order to make the most out of the catering at your wedding.
- Go for seasonal – In your wedding you will want the food being served to be perfect. How more can you achieve that than serving delicious food that is in season? Going for seasonal food means that everything tastes much better and the ingredients are much easier to source locally.
- Set a budget – For a wedding catering, it is imperative that you set aside a budget. When you have a budget, it will be much easier between you and the wedding caterer as they will know how much they have to work with and they can serve you the best for the money you are investing.
- Have a theme – A great way to add individuality to your wedding is by tying in a theme. When you set a theme to follow, the wedding caterers can serve food that will go great with that theme thus enhancing the whole catering experience.
- Think about the numbers – When planning a wedding reception, it is very important to know how many people are going to be there. Having fewer guests means you can spend a little more in the food when it comes to each person.
- Note any dietary requirements – If you are going to be having guests who follow specific dietary requirements such being vegan or gluten free, discuss this with your wedding caterer as they can perfectly execute delicious meals that follow these dietary requirements.
- Don’t forget to feed the wedding workforce – It is imperative that you do not forget the people who are working to make your wedding possible and the best that it can be. Your photographers, the DJ, and everyone else are important people so make sure that they are well fed during your special day.
- Consider sharing plates – If you are having a hard time trying to think of how to provide sit down meals for all of your guests, consider going for large platters or a buffet. Providing something to share can make things much easier for you.
- After party snacks – After things have settled down in your wedding and the course meals are all but finished, you may also have your wedding caterers serve some delicious and simple snacks especially after people have been dancing and drinking the night through.