Camping trips are an amazing experience, full of fun with friends and family, laughter, activities and great memories. Whether or not you are the type of person who likes to spend a lot of time in the great outdoors, it is highly likely that you will find a camping activity that you find to be fun and enjoyable. If you are completely lost as to what kind of activities you can do, here are a list of some favorite options, in no particular order.
- Hiking: Hiking has a lot of benefits because it is good exercise but also allows you to see some of the best sights. Some people assume that hikes have to be tiring and long, but the reality is, there are tons of short, easier hikes all over the country that still provide access to some beautiful places and views. If you want to really experience the wilderness and see some of the sights like lakes, waterfalls and cliffs, hiking is a great activity to try.
- Canoeing: If you find yourself being drawn to the water, Alabama canoeing is a great option for you. Canoeing requires 2-3 people to steer the boat, so it is an excellent way to spend quality time with friends and family while increasing your teamwork skills. Canoeing can be a bit tiring on the arms, but that means it is also a good workout. It also allows you to get right out on the water and perhaps do some fishing as well.
- Tubing: If canoeing sounds a bit too strenuous for your liking, you may be better suited for Alabama tubing. This is a more relaxed water sport as it allows you to kick back in an inflatable tube, float on a lake or river and enjoy the sun as it warms you. This still allows you to be right on the water, but with considerably less physical work.
- Horseback riding: If you are a animal lover, horseback riding can be a truly rewarding experience. Not only will you get to see some amazing sights and cover a lot more ground, but you will also be simultaneously developing a special connection with your horse. There are lots of places such as Magnolia Branch Reserve that provide quick lessons and even guided horseback riding tours if you are a beginner. Horseback riding may seem a little scary to some, but once you get the hang of it, can become one of your favorite activities.
- Survival skills: Perhaps you are not particularly excited about getting too far away from your campsite, and that is ok. There are plenty of options close to the campsite as well. Learning survival skills is an important and very interesting thing to do. It can include things like knot tying, building a fire, identifying edible plants and more. Much of this can be learned through reading, so you can bring a book of skills and enjoy a relaxing day in nature reading and learning at the same time.
There are many things to love about camping and whether you are looking for a high-energy trip or a relaxing one, you can find the right activities for you.